Active PlaySNICKERS AND HOOTS
ROLL WITH THE DICE
MINGLE, MINGLE, MINGLE
Circle TimeCRISS CROSS APPLESAUCE
HI! MY NAME IS JOE
HICKETY-PICKETY BUMBLE BEE
Outdoor ActivitiesDRIP, DRIP, DROP
TransitionHELLOS & GOODBYES
ROLL WITH THE DICEInvolve movement and counting in this active game.
Set of Dice (large foam or sponge dice desirable)
*Download a printable PDF
- Children sitting in a circle
- One child stands up and rolls the dice or die into the center of the circle
- The child who rolled the dice/die identifies the number showing (counts the dots) and asks the other children to stand up and do an exercise (of his choosing) that many times
- The game continues until everyone has had a chance to roll the dice/die
- Suggestions of exercises: touching toes, jumping jacks, jogging in place, torso twists, side stretches, arm circles, jumping up and down, hopping, etc.
- Challenge older children to perform push-ups, sit-ups, etc.
PLAY POWER! Active Play to Keep Kids Moving, Motivated & Fit